How To File A Claim
How to report a Disability Claim
- Seek appropriate medical attention immediately
- Tell your manager on or before your first day absent
- Call Transamerica (888) 763-7474 or CIGNA (800) 36-CIGNA as soon as possible
Please have this information ready before you call:
- Your name, address, phone number, birth date, date of hire, Social Security Number and employer's name, address and phone number.
- The date and cause of your disability and when you plan to retun to work. If you are pregnant, give your expected delivery date.
- The name, address, and phone number of each doctor you are seeing for this absence.
Please contact the GIS Benefit Center toll free at (877) 817-4801.
They will start the claim process and will advise you as to what forms, documents and/or reports you will need to provide.